Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Didn't Plan to Be A Witch . . .

This is the title of another quick book I just finished, and one of my favorite books on motherhood. It's not so much a parenting book as it is a mothering book. It really reinforces our role and our worth as mothers, and reminds me that I'm pretty normal, even in my witchy moments. I laugh and I cry and I come away from each chapter reminding myself that I can be better, or at least pull out my witch hat a little less often. I read this about 5 years ago, and just pulled it off my bookshelf to loan to a friend and flipped through and ended up reading the whole thing again. Completely different things impress me based on my kids ages and stages now, compared to the last time. It's by Linda Eyre, one of my true Mom heros.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

I'll definately have to read that one! My grandma says I come from a long line of "witches". So I don't stand a chance doing it different.

Chad and Teri said...

Also one of my favorite mothering books. Its comforting to know I'm not the only witch in the family.

Karianne said...

I also love that book. I need to buy it one of these days so I can read it again. I read it at your house when Mom and I stayed with your kids once.