Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome back to TV


After not having TV for about 2 years, we decided that we wanted to be able to watch the Olympics, and various other programming that Ryan misses. There were two unsuccessful attempts at installation, but finally today they got it hooked up. My main stipulation with the re-installation was that we have a DVR so that we can see the shows we want without having to watch them right when they are airing. (I never was very good at recording shows and playing back with the old VCR method.) This way we can still keep rules like not having TV on school nights, but still watch some shows we want to see on the weekends, or after the kids are in bed. Also, I like the idea that we can fast forward through commercials. I hate it when we are watching a good program, or sports, or whatever, but then some trashy commercial comes on unexpectedly. The DVR seems pretty easy to use, so I think this will be a good solution. Yeah for the Olympics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we used to have TiVo and don't anymore. we definitely miss it.

The Dudley Bunch said...

DVR changed my life...you will love it!

Cindy Lou said...

I, for three it seems, am infinitely grateful for this change. It has definitely made me feel more connected to the outside world.